FPI of Southern Africa (FPI), FPSB’s South Africa Affiliate, is proud to announce Financial Planning Week (FPW) 2022, an ongoing annual consumer initiative organized by the FPI to make financial planning the basis of every South African’s life.
The objective is to promote Financial Planning for All
During this week, both World Investor Week, sponsored by the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO), and World Financial Planning Day (WFPD) on 5 October, 2022 will be supported. WFPD helps raise awareness of the value of financial planning, having a financial plan and working with a financial planner who has committed to competency and ethical standards. World Investor Week raises awareness about the importance of investor education and protection.
For Financial Planning Week, FPI has adopted WFPD’s theme of Live your today. Plan your tomorrow™.
The activities for the Week will include Facebook live sessions covering the following topics:
- Children and money
- Managing risk in your life
- Managing your finances in tough times
- Investment planning – Global vs Local and everything in-between
- Benefits of working with a financial professional
FPI professional members including Gugu Sidaki, CFP; Thembisa Mngadi, CFP; and Palesa Dube, CFP will participate in the Facebook live sessions.
In addition, the following activities will also be conducted:
- Video on Estate Planning by Albert Fritz, CFP
- Media promotion of Financial Planning Week, a financial planning workshop and video clips coordinated by Kobus Kleyn, CFP
- Media promotion of Financial Planning Week and a FPIMyMoney123™ workshop coordinated by Florah Mulondo, CFP
- A financial planning workshop and pro bono financial planning consultations conducted by Mina Odhav, CFP
- A contribution on the value of working with a financial planning professional from Dhevan Naicker, CFP
- Podcasts by Renate Jute, CFP; Dawie Roodt; Warren Ingram, CFP and Francois du Toit, CFP
- “Getting your financial affairs on the right track for 20 – 35 year olds’ on 27 September at the Allan Gray Auditorium, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, hosted by Netto Invest, Veritas Wealth and Crue Invest.
FPI staff will also be addressed by Edith Chetty from Energ-e Activated on World Financial Planning Day.
FPIMyMoney123™ encourages all consumers to take action and invest in their future.
Contact FPIMyMoney123™ at email@example.com to make a booking for a free session with a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® professional, a FINANCIAL SERVICES ADVISOR™ professional and a REGISTERED FINANCIAL PRACTITIONER™ professional.
View FPI of Southern Africa YouTube channel to see videos.